Equal parts education and interactive experience, SUSHI & SAKE 101 is a fun and fabulous way to get a unique culture fix.
We’ve pulled some top trivia points by way of introduction to the multi-faceted sushi and sake universe. Enjoy!
The mild, yet complex flavour of sake make it nicely paired with almost any global cuisine.
- Sake is a traditional Japanese alcoholic beverage brewed from fermented rice that is specifically grown for sake production.
- The three ingredients in sake are rice, water and koji-kin, a mold that enhances the overall textures and richness of sake
- Sake is meant to be enjoyed young, which is why we there are no vintages
- Sake should never be served hot. Hot sakes are usually very poor quality masked by the heat.
The word ‘sushi’ is actually in reference to the specialized rice that’s seasoned with vinegar, sugar, and salt – and ultimately filled with seafood and vegetables.
- Sushi is prepared specifically to be eaten in one bite – so don’t worry about biting it in two…pop it in whole and enjoy!
- Many Japanese sushi chefs spend up to 10 years learning how to make rice, resulting in that “just right” connection between fish and rice. Cleary fresh fish is crucial, but rice is equally important.
- Many high-quality Japanese cutlery originates from Sakai, the capital of samurai sword manufacturing in the 14th century.
- Traditional sushi is known as Tokyo-style sushi, which uses a limited amount of ingredients in its preparation. At SUSHISAMBA we specialize in non-traditional style sushi consisting of many ingredients, including variety of fish, vibrant fruits and vegetables and inventive sauces.
Join us for SUSHI & SAKE 101…
SUSHISAMBA London – SUSHI & SAKE 101:
January 30, 7pm-9pm
February 27, 7pm-9pm
March 27, 7pm-9pm
Call: +44 203 640 7330 to reserve your spot!
SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village SUSHI & SAKE 101:
February 7, 7pm-9pm
March 7, 7pm-9pm
Call: 212-691-7885 to reserve your spot!
Keep in mind we are always happy to customize a SUSHI & SAKE 101 experience for private events…think anniversaries, birthdays and bridal showers!